Reduce Your Energy Usage in Camp Hill, Mechanicsburg & Hershey, PA and the Surrounding Areas
Are you dreading your utility bills now that it’s getting colder? You aren’t alone! Your neighbors from Harrisburg to Mechanicsburg are all feeling the same desire to spend less while staying comfortable. Here’s how you can cleverly Reduce Your Energy Usage in Camp Hill, Mechanicsburg & Hershey, PA while remaining toasty when the temperature drops:
1. Draperies. Forget about flimsy curtains and window coverings. Get thermal drapes that include insulation to keep more of the heat inside your home.
2. Ceiling Fans. Ceiling fans can be reversed in the cooler months to help bring warm air into the bottom half of the room.
3. Thermostats. Are you turning your thermostat down at night? Just a few degrees can save money each month! Added tip: Turn up your thermostat by a degree or two at a time rather than jumping many degrees at once.
4. Furnaces. Call SECCO at 717-737-8100 to clean and maintain your furnace. An efficient furnace is a money-saving furnace!
5. Vents. Do you have furniture in the way of your heating vents? This is often a reason that rooms aren’t getting warm like they should. Move tables, sofas and bookshelves and enjoy the warm air!
6. Humidifiers. Moist air holds onto the heat; the problem is that the air in your home during the winter is usually dry. Add moisture with a humidifier.
7. Rugs. Do you have hardwood floors? They look amazing, but can make a room feel colder. Add a few area rugs to boost the appearance and function of your space.
8. Sunlight. During the daytime, make sure the windows in your home with southern exposure let the light into your home. It’s natural and will feel great!
9. Clothing. Finally, don’t forget what our ancestors knew: Clothes can make all the difference in your comfort! Rather than wearing a t-shirt and shorts around the house and turning up the heat, wear jeans, wool socks and a sweater. It’s much cheaper than paying more on your energy bill!